AAEO: Fast Facts
Published February 22, 2007
The reason we give to AAEO: To help our missionary force reach for Christ an estimated 248 million lost people in the United States and Canada; that's three of four people.
AAEO national goal for 2007: $57 million
Amount given to AAEO in 2006: Year-end figures totaled more than $57 million
Amount of AAEO used to support missionaries and their work: 100%
Number of NAMB missionaries: More than 5,300. Generally, a third of the number represents career missionaries, a third are short-term funded missionaries, and a third are Mission Service Corps missionaries.
Total 2007 NAMB budget: $124,000,000
Amount of NAMB budget that comes from Annie: 44%
Amount of NAMB budget from Cooperative Program: 36%
Year offering started by WMU: 1895
Amount given in 1895: $5,000 +
Year offering named for Annie Armstrong: 1934
What do AAEO-supported missionaries do?
• Engage in student evangelism on college campuses
• Serve the physical and spiritual needs of people through inner-city Baptist centers
• Serve in local Baptist associations as associational missionary or other mission staff
• Provide training and ministry in apologetics (interfaith witness) evangelism
• Minister in resort settings such as campgrounds and ski areas